Friday, April 10, 2009

Moi, un Bibliothécaire ?

So the absolute has finally happened! The Thing I've been working towards Forever! The Biggest news to hit my little miniscule-in-the-greater-scheme-of-things life has occurred! Are you ready for this???

I got the Job at the Library!!!!!!

I'm a Librarian!!

Or rather, officially a shelving-aid...I'm not sure what it takes to get to be titled 'Librarian', but I'm gonna find out really soon, lemme tell ya!

So no. I don't work at the Main Library, which I'm fine with, really, cuz the library I'm starting out at is much smaller and gorgeous and old fashioned and everything a library should be! Though I love the main library too. I'm working at a branch library that's about 5 minutes from where I live, so it's Perfect! And my official first day is Tuesday!!! YAY!!! I have a job! At a library! With Books! That would be a job With Books!! Seriously! Can life get any better????

School's almost over, another semester well done and wonderful which means I'll get to pick new classes soon, which I'm very excited about. I finished Chapter 7 of my novel last night!! YaY! And I have a job! At a library. With Books.

Okay, I'll stop now with that... if you want more specifics on which library it is exactly, contact me and I'll let you know. I don't like posting specs on here...never know who reads them blah blah blah.

So for those of you who don't know, this is pretty much one of my dream jobs. I have a list of three, maybe four, Dream Jobs: Librarian, bookstore clerk, working in a music box shop in Scotland, little hole in the wall place...uhuh... and Author/Journalist/anything to do with writing.

YaY! That's 3 of my four jobs I've actually been able to do now! So I'm not officially an "Author"...like as in had a book offiically published, but that'll come soon enough. Okay, so as I was saying, the backstory leading up to this job.

When I was 11 my dad took us to Maine for the first time, to a little tiny island which I immediately fell in love with, probably one of the most magical places on earth...and there's this building there, small and quaint, dance studio upstairs, concert hall on the main floor - if you can call it that - and a library on the main level, probably the smallest library ever. I can still remember how it smells...books mixed with sea salt from the ocean...doesn't get better than that! Does it? So my first time in that place I decided to myself, "I'm going to work here. I could be totally happy working in a library." And there it is! The dream I've had since I was 11 is now my real life!! :) Ooh! I'm getting chills all over! But that could just be my coconut rose smoothie making me freezing :)

Anyway, All is well in my world and I hope all is well in yours also.
I get to shelve books!!

3 comments:

Eric Swedin said...

Congrats! Things are looking up for you!

David P. King said...

Very cool. Good job. All those resources at your fingertips. I think I'll be jealous now :)

Jeanne E. Madsen said...

YAY!!!! I think it is super sexy!!