Saturday, August 30, 2008

Lacking Originality

Bikes Bikes Bikes! My new obsession! I'm so excited! I Finally got to ride my dinosaur of a bike to work today! Remember the beautiful beach cruiser bike I was so excited about getting from the Collective? Well, there's been multiple difficulties with the tires and then everything was fine except for a missing nut, which I replaced this morning with pieces from my little boy's bike... it was ingenious, really - and of course somebody else's idea...but I needed something to get me to work today. Last night after my venture at the Gallivan I returned to my mountain bike to find the back tire completely flat. I knew something was wrong with it on the way there.

So anyway, transportation is always an issue and I'm finding bikes to be almost as much trouble as cars, only cheaper to fix... why can't everything just work? What if Everything did Just Work? Then we'd never have trials or problems or growth, right?

Today is Saturday and I'm at work. I'd be enjoying myself more if I weren't so desperately hungry. I was hungry when I went to bed at 3 last night and those peanut butter M&M's from then have worn off...like seven hours ago. There's a very small girl here, otherwise I'd be eating my lunch. She's got these big eyes that would just beg me to share, I know it :)

Events from yesterday: I got my hair cut (yes again. So what if it's only been 2 months?). I fell off my bike for the first time since I've had it (it was that car's fault, I swear - they pulled up way too far and in avoiding it I hit the curb the wrong way and toppled over) like there's any right was to hit a curb... luckily I slowed down tremendously and really didn't even get scraped. My palms are tougher than I thought.

Events from the yesterdays before: I'm on the last book of the Sisterhood series and really thoroughly enjoying it. I asked one of my friends to pick up a copy for me since they were geographically closer. As a former bookstore employee I automatically reverted back to bookstore terms "it'd be on the A-frame on the table next to the big bay and hopefully it'll be in mass market, not just trade paper" Yes, then I realized I was being ridiculous and simply called ahead to have a copy pulled for me and held up at the front... and no, it's not in mass market yet,
darn it.

I'm having rock climbing withdrawals. I haven't climbed in days anything and I really really want to, especially outside. Maybe tonight after work I'll climb the wall just for fun.

I realize this post lacks the necessary substance for it to be called Useful. But since when are blogs supposed to be useful? The bottom line: my life is finally smoothing out, all the way into the little corners even! I have a schedule - work, school, kids, fun - and it's flexible enough as not to get boring (no 9-5 everyday and then some)

I love it! Flat tires, missing nuts, and all.
(no pun intended :)

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm glad to hear you are doing well.