Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After Thanksgiving

I'm going to find out today if it's true that the day after Thanksgiving is really the biggest shopping day of the year. Translation: I'm going shopping today. Really I'm just going out to lunch with my mom, stopping by Barnes and Noble, of course (40% off coupon! Can't beat that!) and maybe a few other places. It's cold out and later, so maybe there won't be such a big crowd. What's wrong with crowds anyway? (ahem)

How was everyone else's Thanksgiving?? Did you eat all the turkey and pie you wanted? Do you feel like you don't have to eat ever again? (I do) Are you going shopping today too? Do you realize what this means??? Christmas is just around the corner and it's time to start shopping for Christmas!! OOh goodie!! That's fun shopping, isn't it?

So I got laid off from my writing job!! Can you believe it!! The economy really does suck! Budget cutbacks and whatever... but it's all good, cuz only a week later I've managed to find myself another job! Something totally new, totally Not writing, something I have absolutely no experience in: I'm now a server at a restaurant!

I don't know the rules for blogging, but I have this automatic tendency to stay as inconspicuous and unspecific about things as possible. So if you're wondering Which restaurant, message me.

So I don't actually start my new job until tomorrow night and I'll begin as a hostess since I don't have my food handler's permit yet. I feel like that's a real comfortable way of smoothing into the job, rather than jumping in and waiting tables...not that they don't train you anyway...

Um, yeah. Exciting. Well, it's the last weekend of NaNoWriMo...I think I did a total of 805 words...pathetic, I know. But that's 805 I didn't have before...right? Over this weekend I'm going to bust out a bunch of words. I've got no school papers (that 16 pager for film class is finished!) I've got no finals to worry about! (film final is Monday, but it's open book) So that leaves my novel! I'm determined, at least, to finish it. It has to be finished. Even if it's complete garbage. I will finish. Lets see what happens now that I won't be writing for work anymore!! Maybe with the lack of classes I will be able to get it all done before the end of the year. We'll see...

Cheers! Write on! Enjoy the shopping day! Put up those Christmas decors! Have a great time!! :)

1 comment:

Robert said...

ok, first off MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! And it's been a month since your faithful readers have heard anything from you. I hope all is well and you have a great new year!