Saturday, November 8, 2008

Bowling Silliness

I went bowling last night with a group of friends. I swear I've never had more fun bowling in my whole life. And I have been bowling a lot throughout the years. We bowled three games in a row and agreed that the first was a warm up and the second was more for reals. Unfortunately, as they say, if it were golf, I'd be a pro... The first string I ended in the 80's and the second was just pathetic at 55. I have this habit of putting a tremendous spin on the ball so it starts out okay but then veers off into the gutter. It sucks.

But the point is, that third and last game. What a flippin' blast! One person in the group had this crazy idea to just bowl silly. We rotated so each person got to pick a way to bowl and then the rest had to follow that way, like eyes closed, spin five times and then bowl, bowl backwards, bowl under one leg, etc. It was So Hilarious!

I have to say, it was completely (well, almost completely) out of my comfort zone. I don't do silly very well, really. I'm pretty mellow, I think. But last night was wild. It's just awesome to be that crazy now and then. I know what I'm doing with my kids this week for fun. There's a place right by me for bowling and it's just cool. What a way to kick off the weekend!

The rest of my weekend is pretty unplanned. I've got a 15% off at B&N so I'm going to hit that up after work for sure and then, who knows. I might go to Baxter's tonight for the open mike, but I dunno. It depends on if I get this one poem down or not, it's been coming to me over a span of days.

My novel makes me happy. I worked on it yesterday and laid down over 700 words in about an hour. So what I really need to do (again. and yes, I'm well aware of my repeating myself) is sit down for two hours everyday and just flippin' write! I'm going to put that in today for sure.
And, my novel is now over 25,000 words!! Yippee! That 700 put me over! I'm so excited! Now that's 25,000 from March to now - not NaNoWriMo related. I just need another 25,000 ... roughly.

Ooh! I'm putting a plug in for those who can make it, Emily Wing Smith (one of my favorite local YA/teen authors) is having a book signing/release party for her novel, The Way He Lived, this Monday night (Nov. 10) at The Kings English Bookshop (1511 South 1500 East, SLC) I can't wait! (Check out her blog - a link to it is to the right of this post :)

Hope your weekend proves as equal fun. Take time out to be downright Silly!!
It's been too long since I've laughed that hard.

No comments: