Friday, May 30, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

I'm soooo glad I didn't spend all that money getting my car professionally cleaned! Yes. Friends were complaining at how repulsively disgusting it had become...at least one friend anyway, who I'll refrain from naming. But you know who you are! : ) Good thing I didn't listen to you! (and yes, for those of you wondering, I am too dang lazy to clean it myself. But really, when it's That bad...who wouldn't be?)

Okay, so, why am I glad?? The transmission completely went out on it. My second Subaru that's been mine is now officially gone. So, so long to Charlie all over again and so long to this nameless piece of trash that was never good. At least Charlie was a really great car. First cars are always great. Charlie Never stopped running. In the end the windows wouldn't go up, the glove box wouldn't stay in and he smelled like wet dog all the time. He was sold to the kids across the street for fifty bucks and they took him to the sand dunes of St. George and shot him mercilessly. But that was when we were still living down there.

No, this piece of trash car died in Bountiful, the day I took my kids to the museum, actually. We found ourselves stranded, at a bakery! See, now that's lemonade!! Only, I guess you could say the lemonade came in the form of sweet sweet orange rolls and a tray of very pretty cookies. : )

So anyway. I'm getting myself a bike and officially becoming an inner-city dweller who'll ride public transportation and...my bike. In truth I don't feel coordinated enough for a bike ...especially one for a city. But I will get over that, I'm sure. Just like I get over everything else: by shopping at bakeries and eating chocolate ice cream, and reading, of course.

Speaking of public transportation, today I spent all day riding Trax to and from various places, but not without purpose. And now I'm topping it all off with a visit to my favorite downtown hangout, Cup o' Joes. I wiled away the time with my newest Dean Koontz novel, Velocity. I'm still not very sure of how I feel about Koontz, his style's good, but he's a little predictable and his favorite room in the house seems to always be the kitchen. Dashner, you could ask him for me if that's true. You know, if the two of you run out of conversation Sunday. For those of you who don't know, Dashner gets to meet Neil Gaiman, Judy Blume, and Dean Koontz all in one weekend - at the BEA in LA. Lucky Dawg! Gosh, some day when I'm a famous writer (realistically 5 years from now) I'll be sitting at some spectacular thing with JK Rowling. So There!!

Having said that, I better get to work on my novel that I had planned to spend the entire weekend working on!

No comments: