Monday, November 3, 2008

Marilyn Monroe and the Fountains at Bellagio

What a weekend! And how was everyone else's Halloween??
Cuz mine Rocked! I Happened to be in Las Vegas for Halloween! Whooweey! It was Crazy! Okay, fine, this is me we're talking about...it wasn't That crazy... but I had fun, that's for sure. I gave a concierge a Haiku! (long story :) And I dressed up, of course. And I ate ice cream and watched the fountains at Bellagio, only I wasn't dressed up as Marilyn (another long story) and I walked the strip and ... I swear I've never been SO sore from walking in my life.

The whole reason for going to Vegas was for work, a big training conference which was also really cool. I got to be tech support - me? - yeah, it was super easier than I thought (I know little-to-nothing about tech anything, so it was cool) and outside of the conference we got to have free reign in Vegas.

I walked the strip twice, had my first Ever taxi ride (I'm really sure it was my first anyway), went to Shark Reef (the aquarium at Mandalay Bay), went to the Mix (at the very top of Mandalay Bay, overlooking all of Vegas and a lot of Nevada), went to the mall, got my hair cut (they really know how to do it in Vegas!), and a whole lotta bunch of stuff. I even wrote a new poem, which I got to read at the cafe when I got home late Saturday night.

Baxter's had this killer Halloween party All day Saturday! I made it for the end, and that was really awesome.

So Vegas is over, time to mellow out, chill, get back in the real world...the real world doesn't seem so pretty this side of Vegas...

OOH!! (See, this is how into it I am...) IT'S NANOWRIMO!! Are You Ready?? Did you already start? Do you not even know what I'm talking about? I'll just say it's Day 3 and I've only put in 67 words so far! That Sucks! But it's 67 I may have not put in otherwise right then, right? And remember - I have to remember, they're supposed to be trash. They don't have to be good. Words Words Words, any words.

But honestly, I'm being realistic with myself this time around with NaNoWriMo.
My goal: 25,000 new words in my already started novel. I have 24,354 right now, add another 25,000 and a hand full more and I'll be at my 50,000. I already have my scenes laid out and it's all there, it's just a matter now of sitting down and punching them onto the page. 850 a day.
That's the real goal. And it's manageable. I Can Do It....right? YES.

I'm going to do what Eric said, the only way to really get it done - alot a time everyday, my time to write, and sit down and do it, when I'm most fresh and most ready to write. ...the only trouble with that, realistically, is I don't really know when that time is yet. Eric says in the morning, earlier than when the kids get up, only I'm not a morning person. And, yes, if I went to bed earlier I would become a morning person... life changing habits... interesting, isn't it? I don't have a lot of time to figure it out, so I better decide Today. (I should have decided last week - isn't that what we tend to tell ourselves?) but today is still good. I'll see what works and go with it.

Write On!! :)

2 comments:

Eric Swedin said...

You just have to find that consistent time for writing. Mine used to be late night, but the morning now works better. Habits and obsessive-compulsive tendencies seem to be requirements to be a productive writer.

Good luck.

Suzy - Q said...

Well. I've certainly got the obsessive compulsiveness down :)