Monday, July 14, 2008

As Baby Dreams

So some of you have been requesting bits of my writing. This is one of my favorite pieces that I've dedicated to my children. I wrote it when I was pregnant with my daughter and just have always loved it. And a lot of you have read it already, but I've changed it up a bit here an' there.
Really it's just an extension of laziness cuz I don't actually have time to blog this minute, but wanted to update in some way.
So, enjoy! Lemme know your thoughts on it.
(wow and that could be dangerous ;)

Roses rise, entwining emerald thickets,
Whispering through shades of green.
Fairies dance under ferns of fire
Encircling sapphire butterflies.


Amidst the clamorous yellows
A wee babe chases buttercups.
Creatures cluster behind willow canopies
Guarding her dream in silence.


Moonlight sheds his soft pale glow
Shimmering through leafy patches.
Reflecting waves of brilliance,
Magic makes the garden grow wild - free.


Dapples dance with daffodils
Illuminating Night.
Awakened by Twilight's tinkering tune,
The wee babe blinks from slumber.


She stretches, and stretching, rises
Like ocean seas a-glitter.
Gazing at the moon above,
She hears his knightly whisper:


What will your creations be?
What magic will you bring?
The gifts of life and lasting-love,
The dreams you'll see in slumber -


These are yours to keep and hold.
These are yours to wonder.