Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy Lazy ...Jane

Okay, yes. I'll stop being lazy and actually post something real for a change. How 'bout that?
New things? Two more weeks left of school. I feel like I should almost be excited about that. I'm not really. I've really enjoyed this semester. I've written some fun things, made some cool friends. But I am looking forward to next semester. It looks like I'll probably be taking a math class ...fantastic. (OOOZING with sarcasm!) I really Hate Hate Hate math. I'll take something fun too, like film something something theory something and maybe even ballet again - I took that at Dixie a couple times eight years ago. Me, ballet? I know.

Also, I'm really excited. No, I still haven't gotten a job, I'll admit I've been taking my time with that, waiting it out for the best of the best. And finally an opening has come up at a place I've especially been waiting for - don't want to give too much away too soon, don't want to jinx it or anything. But I'll definitely be applying for that and it'd be absolutely perfect and no, it's not at the library again. :) I'll let you know what happens.

My novel has been coming along incredibly, I have to say! I've Finally broken 20,000!!! Almost half way there! I'm sure it'll end up a little over 50,000 - 65 or 70,000 might not be terrible - So exciting! It's amazing - every time I sit down something new just flows out, fast and not all trash. I'm in the process of adding a third storyline, the one I've been avoiding most and it's just been so easy. I'm excited to get farther and someday actually have somebody read the whole thing... or at least the whole beginning, as a start.

I'm liking my apartment and will very soon - I hope - have all of my books at my place. Or at least most of them. I miss my books and could use the bookcases. The built in shelves are already pretty well full up. I think I'm even still averaging maybe a new book every other day... maybe it only seems that way. Maybe it's become a book a week or two weeks... not sure.

Oh, here's something. I saw Dark Night (Knight?) last night - anyway, I just call it Batman II !!
I have to say it was good, but ...exhaustingly intense. By the end the action and twistedness was a little overwhelming and the plot is SO similar to Koontz's Velocity (hope that doesn't ruin it for anyone) which isn't a bad thing, really. I won't say more in case others haven't seen it yet, but it was fun. I'm not a big movie goer, really. I have to be in the right mood or with the right people or it has to be the right kind of theater movie. Like Ocean's 13 - not a theater movie but a take home movie and watch 3 or 4 times to get everything out of it (maybe Ocean's 11 or 12 - 13 wasn't as good) But Indiana Jones, Batman, Spiderman, Sahara (no Boos!) all excellent theater movies.

I'm having fun. I'm at Cup O' Joes (as usual) only it's open mike night where everybody who wants to can read something of their stuff that they wrote. It's an especially big crowd tonight and the mood is good and the reading for the most part is especially good quality tonight. I've refrained from reading the past few times, but sometime I'm sure I'll read again. I do more prose than poetry, of course. But I guess really I read both.

Time to do that 3-page paper I've been avoiding all week! GACK!

1 comment:

Robert said...

It's been almost 3 weeks! Where's my update on your life?