Monday, September 22, 2008

weekend Burnout, more like...

It hit me today just how much I wasn't home this weekend. You know that phrase? Something like 'work hard, play hard', or how about 'work hard, play harder'... maybe it's a philosophy which varies depending on personality! Ooh! So which one do you do? Work hard, play harder, or play hard, work harder? now the word hard looks funny...you know, like when you overuse a word and it seems to turn all rubbery...

Anyway... the point is, I'm exhausted. Last weekend I had a good reason to not be home at all (the writing conference) this weekend? More by choice... a little. I hung out with my friend from out of town the first day and a half of the weekend, worked, and was out around town the second day and a half. Sunday, among other things, I climbed the wall again. Strenuous, intense, fun and frustrating all at the same time...

I'm determined to climb better...I'm not very good still. The place I climb at is only open on weekends...that's no good. I'm going to find somewhere else for the week...mix things up a bit. I hear there's a climbing gym right by my house! How's that for serendipitous... or whatever ya wanna call it...

I'm at work right now... I've been trying not to fall asleep all day, in class, at work... seeing as how I haven't slept in since I don't remember when and 2am is my usual bedtime... I might just go to bed early tonight! What would that be like? Before 10:30? Wow... we'll see... if I start working on my novel when I get home I know I'll go right to sleep... not. a. good. sign.

My goal? To get up at 7 instead of 8...or maybe make 6:30 - 7:30 my time to write in the mornings. This writing whenever thing is getting me nowhere - ya think! :) I know, I know... all the 'real' writers set aside blocks of time, even if it's only used by staring at the wall behind them, picturing the story play out...

Speaking of stories... My mom is actually reading a book I recommended to her. She's so picky and usually doesn't like anything I like, so it's a little surprising to me. It's that one I told Tammy about, Without Reservations. Mom's already started it and says she Loves it! She'll probably have it done by tomorrow seeing as how she's at my place right now watching the kids (who should be sleeping, so reading's perfect) whilst I'm at work.

... half an hour, just half an hour more...

1 comment:

Nico Solón. said...

Honestly, you should quit complaining.. Alot of people have it harder than you.. Have your personal identity meltdown already.. Call me for help.. Peace