Friday, September 19, 2008

Weekend Stardust

I have been so stuck in my head this week. Do you ever feel like that sometimes? Sad, depressed, lonely, grumpy, only you just can't shake it off this time...it just sticks, and no, this time around, it has nothing to do with that girl thing... That's how this week was for me, until I realized just how self-absorbed I was being. I was treating everyone and everything in my life with ungratefulness. I was being just plain Bratty.

Well, I'm over it, I'm over myself and I'm sure at some point in my life I'm going to feel that way again. But hopefully next time I'll have learned from this week and shake it off sooner than I did this time. Those who know me, I think, know I don't stay down for too long or too often...at least I think I'm a cheery person most of the time. But when I do get upset, it's So noticeable. Everyone, even people who don't know me, can tell that my energy's low - I think most people can tell when other people are upset, just sometimes nobody says anything about it - Maybe the noticeable part is just more of me being stuck on myself...

Anyway, enough of all that. The point is, I'm happy and excited again and just in time for this weekend! I have a friend staying over for a visit and at least a few times I'm going to go climb that wall and maybe even get to climb outside...just once? : ) I hope! I'm also in the process of outlining my novel, given all that awesome information at the conference last weekend. I have some rearranging to do and some new writing to bust out, that's for sure! I gotta get this friggin' book done!

OOOOH and Guess What!!! NaNoWriMo is coming up!! Are you ready??? For those of you who Don't know, NaNoWriMo is just about the most exciting thing for writers everywhere! - and non-writers, too, I guess... National November Writing Month... November is national writing month and to celebrate, this Brilliant person put together a website which hundreds of thousands of people visit in the month of November to report their progress.

The Goal: 50,000 words in 30 days!! Sounds hefty, huh? So far I've never been able to do it, but I always get farther on my novel than ever before. The trick, I think, is preparing this time. A novel in a month...oooh! And not quite yet, but soon, it'll be time to stock up on writing movies - Alex and Emma, Music and Lyrics is okay, Stranger than Fiction, One Fine Day, Runaway Bride.... aside from all of these being chic flicks, at least one of the characters in all of them is a writer. Some, like Alex and Emma, are even about writing. I love it! But really, that's not the kinda prep I was originally thinking of. We'll get to more of that later. (Maybe my outline will actually really be useful...)

In the meantime, I'm blowing off math class again. (I'm multitasking, more like - this and notes, it's lots more entertaining :)

No comments: