Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Butterscotch and Chocolate

Swiss cheese makes it all better too.
I guess I should take Dashner's advice and apply it to other important people too. Only I feel if I did that I'd end up writing about absolutely nothing because I'd be so worried about who would read it. Or maybe I should just first read Kevin Alexander's article on blogging posted some months ago in the Writer's Digest. In any case maybe I'll just not worry about it for now.

Having said that, the job I wanted so much...lets just say it didn't come through this time around. But I'll not lose hope, I'll keep checking as recommended and see what other things pop up that they may be hiring for. The perfect position would be in that one section, maybe that will come through.

Anyway, I'll stop blogging in obscurities. I have to laugh at the two people who voted yes they've read the series. Or maybe I'll just laugh at myself in that I'm still the only one so far who's admitted to dressing up for the Harry Potter book release parties! Come on! You've gotta dress up! One time I went as just a general witch (book 5), and my daughter, who was... 1 1/2 at the time... I dressed her up as Winky, complete with giant fuzzy ears. The last time (book 7) I went as Rita Skeeter, so appropriate to my profession, don't you think? :) Though people I interview don't hide from me. That's a good sign, right?

I still absolutely cannot remember purchasing my book 6. I can't remember where I lived, what I was doing, who I was with or how I got it...It's possible I dressed up for that one too...even probable.

I'm looking forward to the day when I can hang out at a cafe and my children can hang out with me and actually appreciate the calm of the atmosphere...having said that, I don't like the idea of them growing up at all though. ...with everything comes a cost, right?

I really came here to research an article for IW homework. Guess I'll do that and get out of here rather quickly so as to not annoy everybody. Lily spilled her water and it only Just missed my computer...that was too close.

I'm still averaging a book every other day...though it may be more like 2 books every other day now, which, wouldn't that be a book a day? It's got to stop soon, don't you think? They're just so great!

Speaking of books! I finally discovered Sam Weller's today!! Eric, my apologies, I should have gone with you that day. I have to say, I was almost overwhelmed, not only by the number of books, but I'm absolutely used to Barnes and Noble; whether that can be deemed as acceptable by the general populace or not. I really really love brand new books. I love the way they smell, look, feel...their stiffness waiting to be broken.....okay....getting carried away a little now. Sam Weller's is really amazing though! I will be back there. Plus they have free WiFi. One up on B&N.

So now to research my stuff. The internet just wasn't like it is now when I was in school before. It's so easy to find answers to Everything! I remember it used to be I'd search for something and always find a close answer, but still not the one I wanted. Now it's exact. It's really amazing!

3 comments:

Anna said...

You are a really good writer Suzy, it's interesting to read even when you are just rambling.

Eric Swedin said...

Yes, Sam Weller's is a great bookstore. They complete moved everything around since I had last visited and I was a bit lost. I notice that SF/F now have a prime location.

Eric

Suzy - Q said...

Thanks, Anna,
that's a really great compliment! :)

Yeah, Eric, someone else mentioned that very same thing...that things had been moved around. That's really funny. That's the first section I noticed when I walked in...You can't not walk right by it.