Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What Am I Thinking??

It's official! As Monday was my birthday I'm now two days into being 26!
I'm at what has to be the craziest point in my life yet! Lets just say, I never thought I'd be HERE at 26! But hey, it's not ...what? Life threatening or anything, I guess, so that's good, right? And life's getting better and better! Saying things can only get better from this point on would entirely be true...at least I hope.

Today's been better. Actually, today has been a great day! Today is a mark in my life even bigger than my birthday two days ago. I Started School Today!! Woohoo! Finally! I've been planning on going back to school for...well, maybe 4 years now. I've even registered a couple of times, just never committed enough to fully enroll in classes. It's one of those things where I've said, maybe Fall would be better than Spring...maybe some other time would be more convenient. Then it hit me, at my age school will never be convenient, only a requirement if I say so. So this time I've made it a personal requirement! And I had my very first class today, Intermediate Writing!

I admit I have major misgivings. (haha) One. It's summer school, so 4 months of stuff crammed into 2! Two. Assignments galore! I'll be doing assignments on top of assignments. Three. Everything Else in My Life!! But it's cool. I can do it, I'll get it done. (just breathe!) I'll learn lots of cool stuff and be on my way to getting some kind of degree. The goal is a major in creative writing, minor in journalism, though people tell me I should switch the two. Frankly, I believe there's not much money in either, unless I decide differently. So far writing has been rather lucrative for me and I plan to always have it be that way.

So what did I do for my birthday? My second favorite thing: I had my Second interview at the Main Public Library! I feel it went very well! An hour of talking about why I'd Love that job!! It was very fun!

My first favorite thing? Well, that's hard to say. It's a toss up between eating breakfast with Lochlan (my four year old) at Cup o' Joes (he was very cute, sitting right with me enjoying his muffin) and going out to dinner with four of my very best girlfriends! The waitress even brought me a delicious slice of chocolate mousse cake, complete with pink candle! :)
I feel that being with very best friends in groups like that should Definitely happen more than just once a year!

If this blog has seemed choppy it's cuz I'm at Cup o' Joes (yes, I go here a lot!) only this time I've got both of my lovely children with me. They're playing chess on the pool table...yeah, we'll get kicked out any minute now...I can feel it coming. Time to Leave!

Write On, Writer Friends!! :)
To you non-writers...Right On!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Suzy,
It was awesome to hang out with you on Monday. I am reading your blog and just thinking, "You go girl!" :) Everything will work out with school and work and everything else, you'll see. Keep in touch!

Eric Swedin said...

Fun blog, Suzy. Having lots of books is what life is about.

Robert said...

Shoot, Happy Birthday young'un! What til you are the big 27, like me! lol. Well, I can understand the whole school thing. My finals are this week, and I agree with the requirement thing. I cn't wait to be done!