Tuesday, June 24, 2008

...Something's Different...

This will probably be my shortest blog ever; for those of you who are tired of the longer ones, that's probably good news :) I don't have much time, but feel compelled to update since I haven't in quite a few days...

The big news? I've finally moved into an apartment!! (Where I lived previously will remain a mystery for those of you who're confused as to where that was before...yes, again with the vagueditity :) nice. It's sweet! It's an apartment in part of a house...I guess it's a triplex, though I don't think that was it's intention when it was originally built. The house is surrounded and well hidden by beautiful, though awful smelling, trees.

My favorite part: in the living room there are two built in desks with bookshelves above them, separated by a fireplace! It's really quaint and cute and perfect for my books that had been previously neglected in boxes. I love it! The kids' room I've decorated all cutesy and will continue adding upgrades here and there; my room is fine and the most important thing: I at last have my own kitchen and bathroom! Wow! What commodities! :)

So moving this past weekend kept me busy. This coming weekend will be even more swamped with the upcoming Arts Festival, which you all better go to! I'll be volunteering with the Community Writing Center and having fun there, cool! I don't recall having ever even gone to the Arts Festival before, so this will be quite the thing...all those people...I hope I don't freak out...

I'm excited to say - I just couldn't resist - I bought Jessica's second book to Dragon Slippers, Dragon Flight and am thoroughly enjoying it! It'll be a fun read as well tonight on my lengthy trax ride to Sandy...

Does anybody else miss ConDuit so much it's painful? I miss being around everybody, all you author people and sci-fi freaks (I can say that, cuz really I'm one too) I just miss it so bad. And I know I'm being repetitive in saying that... I'm just really looking forward to whatever the next thing is coming up and whatever it is it's not soon enough...okay, Arts Festival is just a few days away...that'll be fun...I just hope I see some of the same people there that I saw from ConDuit...which I'm pretty sure I won't because they're a whole different species of people...but I can hope, right?

Did I say this would be short? Well, have a great week and I look forward to hearing from some of you...

3 comments:

Eric Swedin said...

It's good to hear that you are in your apartment now. Sounds nice and cozy. Yes, those post-Conduit or post-LTUE blues can be sad.

Anna said...

congratulations on the apartment, its sounds really cute.

Teresa said...

Yeah--hooray on the apartment! We would love to come and visit and bring an apartment-warming gift!